A PAN is known as Permanent Account Number. PAN card is known to be the most important document in India. In India, all the taxpayers are expected to have a PAN card. A PAN card provides sufficient information to the government and brings transparency of financial transactions. A PAN card is mandatory for anyone who works and is a part of taxpayer community.
Ways to track your PAN Card status
It usually takes about 15 working days for any individual to receive his or her PAN card after applying for it. On its part the government makes it easy for an applicant to track his or her application status, keeping him or her abreast of current happenings. It provides with a 15 digit acknowledgment number to each applicant for checking his or her application status. An applicant can choose between three modes as per their choice to track his/her PAN application. The three modes are as mentioned below.
• SMS facility – Applicants can track his or her application status through their phone also. All they need to do is to use a specialised SMS service. An individual can do this by SMSing the NSDL PAN. All an individual needs to do is MSG your 15 digit acknowledgment number to 57575. Once send, you will receive an SMS indicating your current application status.
• Telephone call – An applicant can also call the TIN call centre to receive an update on your current application status. An individual can reach the call centre on 020-27218080, and will be required to provide his or her application acknowledgement number.
• Online tracking – An Applicant can also choose to track their application status online by visiting the official website of TIN-NSDL.
Tracking your PAN application status online
Tracking your PAN card online is the most popular and fastest modes of tracking one’s application status. An applicant is expected to follow few simple steps to stay abreast of any changes in their application status.
• An applicant will require to log on to the official website for PAN card, TIN-NSDL and navigate to the PAN card section on the website. Once you have reached the required page, you will have an option to check the status of your application.
• After opening the required webpage, you will then be required to choose the application type and details like your 15 digit acknowledgement number, your full name and date of birth.
• On successfully providing the necessary information required, you will be directed to a page which will showcase the current status of the application.
How to Check Your UTI PAN Application Status?
To track your PAN card application status, you must have your application number. To track your PAN Card application status, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
• Access the UTIITSL’s PAN Online Portal.
• Visit the Official UTI Pan Card Page.
• Then, Select “Track PAN Card Application Status”.
• Then, Select “Click here to check status online”.
• After that Enter your Application coupon number.
• At last, Click on submit to find out your application status.
Track your NSDL PAN Status
An applicant can track his or her application status on the NSDL website, and as well as know his or her payment status.
In order to track his or her PAN Card application, follow the below mentioned steps.
• Click on “Track your PAN/TAN Application Status” under PAN card.
• Visit Official NSDL Pan Card Page.
• Select your application type.
• Then, enter your acknowledgment number.
• After that, enter your name and date of birth.
• At last, Click on submit to view your status.
An applicant can also find out his or her status of payment, simply by clicking on “Know Status of Your Credit Card Transaction for Online Application”.
• You can enter either your Transaction number or Acknowledgment number.
• Then, enter your name.
• After that, enter your date of birth.
• At last, Click on “Show status” to view your transaction status.
After completing all the above steps, your transaction number will be displayed on the screen after paying through Credit Card, Debit card or Net banking.
PAN Transaction Status
An applicant who applies for a PAN card can pay through internet banking, credit card, debit card or through DD (demand drafts). The transaction status is meant only for those who pay through credit card or debit card or internet banking. Applicants paying by above mentioned means can track his or her application status online. An Applicants need to log on to the official website of TIN-NSDL and then go to the “Transaction Status” page. There they will get a current update on their PAN application. An applicant will be required to enter the Transaction Number which they received after making the payment.